To ‘rest’, to ‘relax’ and to ‘restore’ is a natural vital process in our lives. Rest supports optimal physiological functioning, and promotes healing and growth. During rest, one’s autonomic nervous system switches from sympathetic-dominance to parasympathetic-dominance, regeneration and restoration is accelerated. Research has shown that relaxation and rest is essential to everyone of all ages and culture, size and shape.
'Deep rest is a precursor to meditation and stillness.' ~ Adelene Cheong
Come and learn the science and art of Restorative Yoga, the skills to practice active relaxation. This immersion supports ample space and time for learning, reflection and integration. Whether your intention is to deepen personal understanding of restorative practices, or to offer it to family / friends, or to teach and share this healing practice, there will be comprehensive coverage of both the theoretical and practical application of restorative yoga.
This comprehensive immersion offers 30 hours of study and practice of :
- Physiology of relaxation, and the Autonomic Nervous System
- Continuum of consciousness
- Relaxation skills / tools
- Sensory & somatic intelligence
- Sequencing a practice
- Variations to adapt and modify, creative use of prop
- Teaching skills and ethics
- Adjustments and touch
- Group vs One-to-one
- Relaxation and Five Koshas (Physical, Energetic, Emotional, Mental, Pure Being)
- The process of reflection and integration
Requirements for Restorative Yoga Level 1 Teacher Certification (Optional, additional fee applies)
- Completion of ALL 30 hour training
- Project: Three case studies on teaching one-to-one Restorative yoga, and Reflective Q&A
- Option for private online Skype sessions with Adelene at a 50% discount for 6 months from training date, for continuous support
- Option to observe / assist Adelene on classes and events
- Option for lifetime listing on www.restorativeyogateachers.com directory, which is a widely promoted site by Judith Hanson Lasater and Adelene Cheong for this work.
Price : 550€ early bird price before 1st of January 2018
Post-training support and certification 110€
About Adelene Cheong
Adelene is a registered SYT with Yoga Alliance Professional. This accreditation demonstrates excellent standards as set by Yoga Alliance Professional.
A practitioner, a student, a teacher and trainer of yoga… Adelene felt blessed to be on this journey with many who seek love, peace and truth. Through yoga, Adelene reconnects to being truly integrated in life and all it has to offer.
Having been diagnosed with a progressive S-curve scoliosis at age 13, some activities which were once limited have now been made more accessible in her life. Adelene enjoys horse riding and scuba diving. She finds sanctuary to be intimate with nature, especially hiking.
For over a decade, she has been and still is a long-time student apprentice to Judith Hanson Lasater (Senior Assistant) and Donna Farhi (Senior Associate), whom she continues to study and assist. She has deep gratitude towards all her teachers past and present who has supported her journey, and finds inspiration in serving and sharing yoga through teaching.
Adelene believes in supporting and guiding her students to unveil their fullest potential, through embodiment and experiential exploration. She is particularly interested in the therapeutic applications of yoga. As a leading Restorative Yoga Trainer, she is absolutely committed to a balance of both active asana, restorative practices and meditation.
Based in London, Adelene teaches internationally, with a special interest in Yoga for Scoliosis Backcare, Restorative Yoga, Yoga Nidra and Meditation. She also mentors trainee teachers with Yogacampus.